Content marketing is seen by over 70% of UK adults every month
It now accounts for more than 20% of marketing budgets, with that figure set to rise over the next 12 months.
Content Marketing is one of the biggest success stories in the media industry. Second only to internet advertising in accelerated growth, it’s constantly growing in size, scope and adaptability.
Content marketing engages individuals on their own terms, it’s based on interactions with your buyers and tells a continuous story. Content marketing has a clear purpose and always has pre-defined metrics. It is almost always evergreen.
What’s included in Content Marketing?
Creating a foundation for content marketing
- Creating buyer personas and buyer journeys
- Developing your brand voice
- Setting your content goals
- Choosing content technology
Creating the content plan
- Brainstorming ideas and creating content arcs (year split into quarters and plan four major content pieces)
- Mapping your content to the sales funnel
- Choosing your content types
- Crafting your plan and editorial calendar
- Writing and editing
- Curating content
Promoting your content
- Gating strategy
- Outlining a promotional strategy and alerting your organisation
- Merchandising content on your website
- Promoting on social media
- Promoting through email
- Promoting through blog posts
- Syndicating your content
- Leveraging influencer marketing
- Using Pay Per Click ads to promote content
Measuring your content
- Defining your measurement goals
- Tracking early stage metrics
- Tracking mid – late stage metrics